Independent Graphic Designer
I am an independent graphic designer based in the tall pine trees of East Texas. I have more than 20 years professional experience creating marketing graphics, branding, and web design for non-profit organizations and independently-owned businesses.
Design work is a beautiful combination of art and math, the blending of cold-hard numbers with creativity. In college, I thought my skills in both math and art classes made me odd. Since entering the workforce, I have learned it’s that exact combination of skills that makes me good at what I do.
Louisiana Tech University
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design
Chi Alpha Campus Ministries
Campus Pastor & Graphic Designer
Chi Alpha is a student organization on campuses around the world. In my time with them I have created the public identity for several local chapters as well as working on national development and projects.
- Maximized print, web, signage, tshirt, video, photo… and many out of the box creative forms to engage and attract college students
- Led the promotion and planning of multiple events reaching 400+ attendance
- Created and maintained a website representing the full spectrum of group activities
South Central SALT Conference
Director of Marketing Media
South Central SALT Conference is a 3-day conference for 2000+ college and young adults hosted in Dallas, TX every New Year’s. My primary role is to oversee a team who create marketing designs for a variety of outlets including web, social media, printed and apparel promotions as well as all the program’s on-site graphics.
- Oversaw marketing endeavors leading to substantial growth
- Established replicable social media posting calendar for conference marketing
- Initiated the transition away from year-t0-year design towards consistent annual design elements
- Designed and implemented a new long-term logo
Brand Developer, Graphic Designer, Web Developer
Building Compassion exists to renovate homes for community servants and I was privileged to assist them in telling the story of their projects. I occupied multiple roles in the establishment of this worthy non-profit: Brand Developer, Graphic Designer, and Web Developer.
- Created the ‘Building Compassion’ language and logo as well as a base of communication design pieces that have been used to raise over $400,000 in donations from donors such as Chick-fil-A and McCoy’s
- Produced professional stock photography of volunteers on site for use in fundraising and future marketing
Problem Finder (& Solver)
Problem Finder (& Solver)
- Adobe Illustrator 95% 95%
- Adobe InDesign 85% 85%
- Adobe Lightroom 90% 90%
- Adobe Photoshop 50% 50%
- iMovie 80% 80%
- Procreate 70% 70%
- ProPresenter 95% 95%
- Google Suite 90% 90%
- Microsoft Excel / Numbers 85% 85%
- Microsoft Word / Pages 90% 90%
- Microsoft PowerPoint / Keynote 95% 95%
Strengths Finder 2.0 Top 5
- HTML 95% 95%
- CSS 85% 85%
- PHP 20% 20%
- WordPress 90% 90%
- MySQL 40% 40%
- Mailchimp 85% 85%
- MeisterTask 90% 90%
- Asana 80% 80%
- Freedcamp 70% 70%
- IFTTT / Zapier 90% 90%
If you’ve seen something you like, you have a project in mind, or you just wanna talk about crocheting, please reach out! I’d love to talk with you!